Tulips and daffodils can be planted in pots. It is important that the pot is deep enough and there is a hole in the bottom so that the water can run out. The pot must be at least three times the height of the flower bulb, around 20 cm height (8”).
- Put a layer of old pot shells, hydro grains or gravel for good drainage at the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle a layer of soil over it.
- Place - do not push - the bulbs firmly in the soil with the pointed side up. For a colorful result, you can plant additional bulbs. They can be planted closer together in the pot than in the garden; one bulb size in between.
- On top of the bulbs add a layer of soil and press it firmly.
- Finally, give it some water.
Make sure the pots are protected against severe frost. This is done by adding straw or bubble plastic to the pot. You can also bring them indoors during the frost period.